In April of 1928, the Lee County Board of Education voted to consolidate all the small schools in the Beulah area. Some of the schools were Pine Grove, Marshall Lee, Beulah, Blanton, Mechanicsville, Frog Pond, Sugar Hill, and others.
Beulah High School was constructed by Daniel Lumber Company of LaGrange, Georgia in 1928. Mr. George Goodwin Williams donated 10 acres of land where the main building is today at 4848 Lee Road 270.
In 1942, the Vocational Building was completed. Columbus Roberts donated this building plus 40 acres of land to the school in memory of his parents, Mr. & Mrs. George Roberts, piioneer residents of Beulah.
The first principal was James Brown, 1928-1930. The principals that followed were: Keener Kimbrough, 1930-1935; T.J. Sellers, 1936-1945; J.D. Ragsdale, 1946-1948; J.A. Harmon, 1949-1961; and L.C. Brown, 1962-1983. In 1983, Jerry Southwell became principal and served as such until December 2010. Following Mr. Southwell's 27 year career, Armand Crowder served for a year-and-a-half until 2012, and then Mr. Joey Biddle took over from 2012 to 2014. Beulah High School's principal currently is Dr. Cincrystal Poythress.
Within the past four decades the school has grown rapidly. Beginning in the middle 1960's, a library was built and in 1967, a gym, in 1974, a new cafeteria with modern facilities was built. The old school building was torn down in 1976 and a new and modern building replaced it plus another addition to the library at this time. An Agribusiness building was built in 1976-1977.
The school has been one of the main attractions for people to move into the community. People have realized their children can start to school and complete high school in classrooms directly across Lee Road 270 from each other. Originally, all twelve grades plus a kindergarten were housed on one campus. The kindergarten building was added in 1978 and the elementary classroom addition in 1989.
In 1979, the Home Economics building was built and more rooms were added to the wing in 1981. In 1988, two rooms plus a computer room were added. The Beulah Band had a new building in 1981.
More construction on campus in 1994 included a new science room and laboratory, high school administration rooms, elementary office and seven rooms with a hall to connect the rooms.
An addition to the cafeteria was in 1997. The Masonic Lodge was donated to the school in the same year. The renovated lodge is was used for alternative school for several years.
Land across from the high school was purchased in 1992, for the site of a new elementary school. Seventeen portable classrooms were eliminated when the school was built. Weldon Parkman, was the first elementary principal and Michelle Rutherford was the first assistant principal.
The state-of-the-art gymnasium and educational center officially opened on December 13, 1999. Also that year, four acres of land and a building next to the school were purchased. When purchased, the plans for this building were to be used for In-School Suspensions.
Construction for Beulah High School's new library addition started in 2013. This new state-of-the-art facility will serve as an invaluable resource for our students and opened its doors for the start of the 2014-2015 school year.