The role of the school counselor is to:
- Assist student with life transitions and decision making.
- Participate in school wide initiatives to benefit students.
- Serve as support to students in all aspects of their education.
- Consults and collaborates with teachers, parents, and staff to enhance the effectiveness of helping students.
- Connect students and families to resources and services within and outside of school.
- Facilitate transition to other types and sources of education when necessary.
- Coordinate and promote school wide opportunities that promote student success.
- Provide confidential individual counseling to students who are facing obstacles that interfere with their education and serve as an advocate to shepherd students through the life changes of adolescence.
*Although school guidance and counseling programs coordinate these services, the most effective means of delivery comes from a partnership of school, home, and community.
ACT/High School Code: 010445
Adam Keel, Last Names A-K
Veronica Jefferson, Last Names L-Z
School Phone ~ 334.705.6020
Visit our College and Career Center to check out these great resources the help plan your next steps!